Mrs. Michael’s School for Christian Girls

Mrs. Michael's School for Christian GirlsThis year, we will begin to address the need for traditional studies for–gasp!–girls.  Yes, they have different needs than boys and that should be reflected in their education, as it always has.  No, we’re not talking about the girls our generation is raising to be engineers, soldiers, politicians and pastors.  We’re talking about girls being raised in devout Christian homes to be religious or to be wives and mothers.

Mrs. Michael’s School for Christian Girls will be opening on Thursday 2/2/2012.   It will begin a course in hand (plain) sewing and will progress into studies in clothesmaking, kitchen gardening, food production, household management, child care and more.  The instruction will not be mechanical as if putting pieces of cloth together, or getting a stain off the carpet is a goal in life, but will be spiritual and beautiful, since domestic piety and happiness are our goals.

Now, some may say, “Is this appropriate for our generation?” but this concern for keeping up with a society rushing to get nowhere fast is the concern we want to abandon.  “Our generation” isn’t doing too well in the departments of life that Our Lord told us to take care to do well in.  No women are morally obligated to serve the global economy or to advance the cause of independent women in academics, business and politics.   They are, however, responsible to serve the Lord which is normally done through religious life (which all are free to choose) or domestic life.   We tend to assume that girls will learn the knowledge and skills necessary for these lives on their own, but that is foolishness.  In past generations, the girls’ entire education was devoted to these things–and we’re going to restore that.

We are happy to serve those families who share our principles and goals and promise not to threaten in any way those who do not.  In fact, there should be less competition in the global marketplace for them with our girls living in convents or taking care of their families at home.  I’m going to leave that discussion right there. :)

Anyway, I invite those of you who share our concerns to take a look at a sample lesson from my wife’s first course, which gives you a good idea of what the girls will enjoy in their lessons.  You can see a sample lesson here:

God bless,
William Michael

Categories: Children, Education, Girls

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

10 Comments on “Mrs. Michael’s School for Christian Girls”

1. Mary Becker
    October 22, 2011 at 9:49 am #

Thank you so much! I printed the sample lesson so we can begin working on it. This is such a blessing!

2. October 22, 2011 at 7:45 pm #

Love the meditation part! Any Mother-Daughter(s) with Mrs. Michael Weekends planned for the upcoming year?

3. Cathy Siler
    October 23, 2011 at 12:01 am #

Oh wow! Today is my first visit to the site and imagine my delight to see the sample lesson of the long awaited sewing class!!!!!!! I’ve been putting off enrolling my dd in anything but the core but this might be the exception! Thank you, Dania. I know so many of us will be eternally grateful for your hard work. (And Mr. Micheal’s of course!)

4. Miriam
    October 23, 2011 at 8:32 am #

Thank you Dania, we will be signing up for this class. I’m assuming it is not available yet. Is this where we find out when it opens.

5. Elizabeth
    October 24, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

I don’t have any girls yet, but I think it would be great to take the course myself. I never learned how to sew, but have always wanted to. My boys need me to be a good model of what a wife should be, right?

6. Isabel
    October 25, 2011 at 10:34 am #

This looks absolutely great!
    One request though, could you have the mesurements in centimetres as well as inches for the Europeans in your course? Inches are so alien to us.

7. wmclaa
    February 1, 2012 at 10:44 am #

Reblogged this on CLAA News and commented:

OPENING THURSDAY 2/2/2012! Enrollment will open tomorrow morning and classes will begin on Monday 2/6/2012.

8. Jenn
    February 1, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

What age do you recommend we start. I’m looking forward to doing the mother-daughter classes with Faith, who is 7, but appears anxious to begin sewing, cooking, cleaning, and gardening. This class is a blessing and my little one will be excited to learn. Thanks Dania!

• wmclaa
      February 1, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

My wife said 7 and up should be fine. She has plans for a Petty School level sewing course for the future. :)

9. February 1, 2012 at 4:25 pm #

Oh this is great! I am going to enroll at least one of my girls as soon as possible!

Please share your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 189 other followers