Yulia Skripal says she and her father Sergei Skripal are “getting better,” according to unverified audio played by Russian state TV.

The transcript details a conversation between Yulia, who along with her father was poisoned by a military-grade nerve agent in Salisbury last month, and her cousin Viktoria. 

During the conversation, Yulia said her cousin ”everyone’s health is fine,” the Rossiya-1 TV station said.

A recording of the call was given to the channel, which said its authenticity had not been verified.

Yulia apparently also said neither of the Skripals had health problems which could not be fixed.

In the recording, she said she and her father were recovering and she expected to leave hospital soon.

Britain blames Russia for the attack, which Moscow denies.

The novichok nerve agent left the Skripals in critical condition, but on 29 March, the hospital where they were being treated said Yulia was getting better.

The BBC, citing sources, said she was “conscious and talking.”

Both state TV and Interfax said Yulia had phoned Viktoria on Wednesday evening and said: “Everything is fine, everything is fixable, everyone is getting better, everyone is alive.”

When asked about her father’s health, Yulia was cited as saying: “Everything is fine, he is resting right now, sleeping. Everyone’s health is fine, nobody has any problems that can’t be put right. I will soon be discharging myself [from hospital].”

Earlier, Viktoria said she plans to travel to England and try to bring Yulia back to Russia.

Appearing on Rossiya-1’s 60-minutes show, where pundits and Russian MPs cast the nerve agent attack as part of an elaborate British plot to besmirch Russia, she said she had applied for a British visa, but was unsure whether British authorities would allow her to see her cousin or her uncle. 

“I currently have one objective: to fly there and take away Yulia, at least Yulia,” Viktoria said, adding that Yulia had always been very distant from politics.

“It’s a lot more complicated with Sergei.”

Viktoria said she was in regular contact with Russia’s ambassador to London, Alexander Yakovenko, and he had helped her obtain a Russian passport to travel.

She said British authorities had given her no assurances she would be able to see Yulia. She said even if she arrived at the hospital it would be up to Yulia if a meeting took place.

More follows